Vacancy (NEW) – Applications Engineer
Location: Holywell, Cheshire/North Wales Border
Salary: To £25-30k package depending on experience
Company: Elmac Technologies Limited
Elmac is the global technical leader in the design and manufacture of innovative flame arresters and low-pressure tank protection equipment.
In order to support the continued growth of the business, we require an Applications Engineer to join our successful sales team.
- Preparing technical bids and standard quotations in response to client enquiries
- Liaising with the accounts and manufacturing teams to estimate the associated costs
- Agreeing a pricing strategy for each bid via close liaison with territory sale managers
- Building relations with our clients that include many industry-leading multi-nationals
- Reviewing and negotiating the terms and conditions of sale with both new and existing clients
- Technical and commercial follow-up of quotations in order to maximise conversion rates
- Providing support to the external sales team and overseas agents and distributors
- Utilise the CRM/ERP systems to monitor and improve our Key Performance Indicators
Skills & Experience Required:
- Several years’ experience working within a sales or technical applications role
- Technical and/or mechanical engineering background would be an advantage
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and an ability to deal with people at multiple organisational levels
- Experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or Process Industries would be an advantage
- Demonstrable IT skills including familiarity with ERP, CRM and MS Office systems
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious self-starter having the desire to develop their career within this excitingly buoyant sector. Preference will be given to applicants with an engineering background and an HNC/HND or above in a relevant subject.
Package includes 25 days holiday (plus statutory) and a contributory pension scheme.
Interested applicants should apply by email with their CV and covering letter (inc. current remuneration package and notice period) to
Justine Sherlock, HR Manager, email@example.com