Elmac Technologies® boast a market leading range of patent protected products, designed specifically with the engineer and end-user at heart. Our comprehensive range of Flame Arresters and Pressure Protection Equipment have been designed with ease of maintenance in mind in order to ensure that inspection and re-calibration are achievable in-situ. This, combined with a heritage extending over 70 years, has allowed us to develop an enviable, global reputation for quality, service and innovation.
Within the Chemical Industry, ignition of flammable or hazardous liquids is an ever-present risk. We are on-hand to mitigate this risk by providing cost effective solutions that are both economically and environmentally friendly. Whether transferring finished products, storing raw materials, or in vapour recovery and tanker offloading applications, Elmac Technologies® has the solution for you.
How can we help you?
- We offer on-site surveys providing detailed reports of recommendation, an understanding of your ATEX compliance, and a detailed breakdown of your operational and maintenance requirements.
- Our Product Engineers are available to review your application, offer advice and guidance on ‘best fit’ and recommending the most cost-effective solution for your business.
- We can help improve the profitability of your business by improving flow performance and ensuring valuable product stays within the contents of your tanks rather than being lost to atmosphere.
- Our aim is to support your efforts to provide safer, healthier working environments for you and your team.
- We can provide a range of certification services to ensure you meet the strictest safety and quality standards, thus ensuring product warranties and ATEX certifications remain valid.
Do your storage tanks contain flammable or hazardous liquids?
If so, Elmac have the perfect solution: The FAB Valve™
Storage tanks containing hazardous or flammable materials require protection from significant increases in pressure or vacuum conditions. Safe venting to atmosphere is imperative and most commonly consists of a Flame Arrester and a Pressure/Vacuum Relief Valve.
As a cost-effective alternative to this arrangement, Elmac has developed their first Flame Arrester Breather Valve range. The patent protected FAB Valve™ has dual functionality, combining a RE-Flow™ Deflagration Flame Arrester and a Pressure & Vacuum Relief Valve.
The world-renowned range protects tanks from both atmospheric deflagrations and also conditions of excessive pressure and/or vacuum. The FAB Valve™ offers world leading flow characteristics in a compact and lightweight design that simplifies installation and maintenance.
As required by EPA and API regulations, the FAB Valve™ is type-tested to EN ISO 16852 and approved according to ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU.
Find out more: Elmac Technologies | » FAB Valve™ Series
In-Line: Tanker Offloading – Transfer Vapour Line – Vapour Return Line
The likelihood of an ignition within a Vapour Return Line, leading to a potentially catastrophic explosion, is a constant danger in the Chemical Industry. An example of this is disconnecting the ground wire before the vapour line, allowing a static discharge to ignite any residual vapours within the hose.
By installing our In-Line Detonation Flame Arrester, incorporating HEDS™ Technology, you eliminate this ever-present danger.
Elmac’s Detonation Flame Arresters incorporate our patent protected, High Energy Dissipation System (HEDS™) technology. This series of Flame Arrester sets a new performance benchmark. This provides ultimate protection from deflagration, to worst-case scenario unstable detonation explosions. Our In-Line Detonation Flame Arresters also utilise an optimised crimped ribbon element, allowing gases or vapours to pass through with minimal pressure drop.
Due to its innovative design, our HEDS™ Technology significantly reduces pressure drop. The resulting improvements in flow rates can yield operating energy savings of up to 30% when compared to traditional market alternatives.
Our HEDS™ Technology incorporates our pioneering orifice plate that attenuates the shock wave that accompanies a detonation, whilst dissipating heat and significantly reducing the intensity of any explosion. This allows the number of element banks (flame filters) to be reduced, yielding improved pressure drop and flow characteristics, whilst reducing weight and simplifying installation and maintenance.
Find out more: Elmac Technologies | » In-Line Detonation Flame Arresters
Why Elmac Technologies?
Our highly qualified team of technical experts work closely with our customers to determine their application-specific requirements. We utilise sophisticated (computational fluid dynamics) software that facilitates accurate calculation and sizing, ensuring our customers have full confidence in, and a detailed understanding of, our unique range of market-leading products.
We also boast:
- Significant Stock Availability: short lead times and free delivery to UK mainland
- 70+ Years of Industry Expertise: meeting your price, performance and delivery expectations
- First Class Projects & Product Development Teams: supporting specialist applications
- World Renowned Product Range: performance, quality and aesthetics
- Global Support Network of Service Partners: for industry leading installation and after sales service