Elmac Technologies, the international leaders in flame arresters and tank and vessel protection equipment, announce the expansion of their current end-of-line flame arrester range with a new High Temperature EHB Series suitable for use with gases in explosion groups up to and including IIB3, and for elevated operating temperatures up to 150°C.
“The EHB high temperature flame arrester range is the natural extension to our recently developed EVB series”, commented Elmac’s Commercial Manager Andy McGlynn. “By taking our existing EVB series as a starting point, and modifying certain design parameters, we were able to significantly extend the upper operating temperature limit from 60°C to 150°C.”
The Elmac development team used Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) techniques to design and optimise an enhanced crimped ribbon flame-arresting element for the EHB series which delivers market-leading performance for high flow capacities with minimal pressure drop.
At the same time, the unique element design makes the arrester less susceptible to fouling and clogging, and reduces the overall weight of the arrester thus improving its ease of installation and maintenance.
“We were delighted to launch our new EVA and EVB flame arresters in 2013,” continued Andy McGlynn, “and being able to start 2014 by launching yet another product range, which leads the market in terms of operating performance, is very exciting for us.”
High operating temperature flame arresters are used in a variety of industries and uses include marine, petrochemical, offshore and distillery applications.
Features & Benefits Of EHB Flame Arresters
- Extended upper operating temperature limit (150°C)
- Exceptional flow capacities with minimal pressure drop
- Easy-clean, replaceable, crimped-ribbon elements
- Unique element design is less susceptible to fouling/clogging
- Size range from 15mm to 600mm nominal bore
- Material options include carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex steel, and Hastelloy
- End connections include flanged or threaded options
- Arresters can be painted or coated as required
- Bird screen fitted as standard